Instructions for authors
COVID-19 impact on peer review
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we understand that many authors and peer reviewers will be making adjustments to their professional and personal lives. As a result they may have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process. Please let the journal editorial office know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be flexible.
For general guidance on every stage of the publication process, please visit our .
For editing support, including translation and language polishing, explore our
This journal uses ScholarOne Manuscripts (previously Manuscript Central) to peer review manuscript submissions. Please read the before making a submission. Complete guidelines for preparing and submitting your manuscript to this journal are provided below.
- About the Journal
- Peer Review
- Preparing Your Paper
- Using Third-Party Material
- Submitting Your Paper
- Data Sharing Policy
- Publication Charges
- 旺财体育 hunterweeks.com Copyright Options
- Complying with Funding Agencies
- Open Access
- My Authored Works
About the Journal
SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS is an Open Access international, peer-reviewed journal publishing high-quality, original research. Please see the journal's Aims & Scope for information about its focus and peer-review policy.
Open Access means you can publish your research so it is free to access online as soon as it is published, meaning anyone can read (and cite) your work. Please see our for more information. Many funders mandate publishing your research open access; you can check .
Please note that this journal only publishes manuscripts in English.
SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS accepts the following types of article: Original 旺财体育s, Reviews, Research 旺财体育s, Opinions, Correspondence, News and Views, Commentary.
Taylor & Francis is committed to peer-review integrity and upholding the highest standards of review. Once your paper has been assessed for suitability by the editor, it will then be double blind peer reviewed by independent, anonymous expert referees. Find out more about and read our guidance on .
Preparing Your Paper
Your paper should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion; acknowledgments; declaration of interest statement; references; appendices (as appropriate); table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figures; figure captions (as a list).
Please include a word count for your paper. There are no word limits for papers in this journal.
Please refer to these when preparing your paper, rather than any published 旺财体育 or a sample copy.
Please use British (-ise) spelling style consistently throughout your manuscript.
Please use single quotation marks, except where ‘a quotation is “within” a quotation’. Please note that long quotations should be indented without quotation marks.
Authors should provide the authors’ affiliations of no more than 20 words for the each member of the authoring team as in the below format:
AFFILIATION:XX YY, MSc Physiotherapy, is affiliated to the Physiotherapy Department at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Westville Campus. It should appear as below: Christine Laptistea, Vyjanti Beharryb, Patricia Edwards-WescottcaBSc Economics., MSc Economics, is a Research Fellow at the HEU, Centre for Health Economics, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad, *Email: firstname.lastname@example.org bBSc Economics., MPhil., Economics, is a Junior Research Fellow at the HEU, Centre for Health Economics, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad cBSc Economics., MSc Economics, is a Junior Research Fellow at the HEU, Centre for Health Economics, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad
Formatting and Templates
Papers may be submitted in Word format. Figures should be saved separately from the text. To assist you in preparing your paper, we provide formatting template(s).
are available for this journal. Please save the template to your hard drive, ready for use.
If you are not able to use the template via the links (or if you have any other template queries) please contact us .
Please use this when preparing your paper.
Checklist: What to Include
- Author details.All authors of a manuscript should include their full name and affiliation on the cover page of the manuscript. Where available, please also include ORCiDs and social media handles (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn). One author will need to be identified as the corresponding author, with their email address normally displayed in the article PDF (depending on the journal) and the online article. Authors’ affiliations are the affiliations where the research was conducted. If any of the named co-authors moves affiliation during the peer-review process, the new affiliation can be given as a footnote. Please note that no changes to affiliation can be made after your paper is accepted. .
- Should contain an unstructured abstract of 200 words.
- You can opt to include a video abstract with your article. .
- Between 3 and 10 keywords. Read , including information on choosing a title and search engine optimization.
- Funding details. Please supply all details required by your funding and grant-awarding bodies as follows:
For single agency grants
This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx].
For multiple agency grants
This work was supported by the [Funding Agency #1] under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency #2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency #3] under Grant [number xxxx].
- Disclosure statement. This is to acknowledge any financial interest or benefit that has arisen from the direct applications of your research. .
- Data availability statement. If there is a data set associated with the paper, please provide information about where the data supporting the results or analyses presented in the paper can be found. Where applicable, this should include the hyperlink, DOI or other persistent identifier associated with the data set(s). are also available to support authors.
- Data deposition. If you choose to share or make the data underlying the study open, please deposit your data in a prior to or at the time of submission. You will be asked to provide the DOI, pre-reserved DOI, or other persistent identifier for the data set.
- Supplemental online material. Supplemental material can be a video, dataset, fileset, sound file or anything which supports (and is pertinent to) your paper. We publish supplemental material online via Figshare. Find out more about .
- Figures. Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour, at the correct size). Figures should be supplied in one of our preferred file formats: EPS, PS, JPEG, GIF, or Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX). For information relating to other file types, please consult our document.
- Tables. Tables should present new information rather than duplicating what is in the text. Readers should be able to interpret the table without reference to the text. Please supply editable files.
- Equations. If you are submitting your manuscript as a Word document, please ensure that equations are editable. More information about .
- Units. Please use (non-italicized).
Using Third-Party Material in your Paper
You must obtain the necessary permission to reuse third-party material in your article. The use of short extracts of text and some other types of material is usually permitted, on a limited basis, for the purposes of criticism and review without securing formal permission. If you wish to include any material in your paper for which you do not hold copyright, and which is not covered by this informal agreement, you will need to obtain written permission from the copyright owner prior to submission. More information on .
Submitting Your Paper
This journal uses ScholarOne Manuscripts to manage the peer-review process. If you haven't submitted a paper to this journal before, you will need to create an account in ScholarOne. Please read the guidelines above and then submit your paper in , where you will find user guides and a helpdesk.
Please note that SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS uses to screen papers for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS you are agreeing to originality checks during the peer-review and production processes.
On acceptance, we recommend that you keep a copy of your Accepted Manuscript. Find out more about .
Data Sharing Policy
This journal applies the Taylor & Francis . Authors are encouraged to share or make open the data supporting the results or analyses presented in their paper where this does not violate the protection of human subjects or other valid privacy or security concerns.
Authors are encouraged to deposit the dataset(s) in a recognized data repository that can mint a persistent digital identifier, preferably a digital object identifier (DOI) and recognizes a long-term preservation plan. If you are uncertain about where to deposit your data, please see regarding repositories.
Authors are further encouraged to in the article and provide a .
At the point of submission, you will be asked if there is a data set associated with the paper. If you reply yes, you will be asked to provide the DOI, pre-registered DOI, hyperlink, or other persistent identifier associated with the data set(s). If you have selected to provide a pre-registered DOI, please be prepared to share the reviewer URL associated with your data deposit, upon request by reviewers.
Where one or multiple data sets are associated with a manuscript, these are not formally peer reviewed as a part of the journal submission process. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure the soundness of data. Any errors in the data rest solely with the producers of the data set(s).
The standard 旺财体育 Publication Charge (APC) for the Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS (SAHARA-J) is US$1200 / £925 / EUR1060 for international authors. For our fully Open Access journals, our waiver policy is based on the World Bank classification of countries, which you can read more on here: Essentially, corresponding authors from low-income economies can apply for a 100% waiver, while corresponding authors from lower-middle-income economies can apply for a 50% discount on the standard APC. The links to the list of countries are on that site (NB: It must be the corresponding authors who is from the eligible country in question, and they must apply at the time of submission).
Discounts and waivers are available for eligible authors based in low- and lower-middle income economies, as defined by the World Bank. Please read our for more details on how to request a discount or waiver. Please note all requests need to be made at the time of submission. Taylor & Francis will review all requests in line with the above policy.
旺财体育 hunterweeks.com Copyright Options
旺财体育 hunterweeks.com Copyright allows you to protect your original material, and stop others from using your work without your permission. Taylor & Francis offers a number of different license and reuse options, including Creative Commons licenses when publishing open access. .
Complying with Funding Agencies
We will deposit all National Institutes of Health or Wellcome Trust-funded papers into PubMedCentral on behalf of authors, meeting the requirements of their respective open access policies. If this applies to you, please tell our production team when you receive your article proofs, so we can do this for you. Check funders’ open access policy mandates . Find out more about .
Many institutions have arrangements with Taylor & Francis to cover the cost of publishing open access. Find out whether you might be eligible for this .
My Authored Works
On publication, you will be able to view, download and check your article’s metrics (downloads, citations and Altmetric data) via on Taylor & Francis Online. This is where you can access every article you have published with us, as well as your , so you can quickly and easily share your work with friends and colleagues.
We are committed to promoting and increasing the visibility of your article. Here are some tips and ideas on how you can work with us to .
You will be sent a link to order article reprints via your account in our production system. For enquiries about reprints, please contact the Taylor & Francis Author Services team at email@example.com. You can also .
Should you have any queries, please visit our .