Aims and scope
Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS (SAHARA-J) publishes open access research on social factors relating to HIV/AIDS from Sub-Saharan Africa and other developing countries.
The journal is published by Taylor & Francis on behalf of SAHARA, the Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance, which is part of the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC). SAHARA is an alliance of partners established to conduct, support and use social sciences research to prevent the further spread of HIV and mitigate the impact of its devastation in sub-Saharan Africa.
Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS (SAHARA-J) publishes peer-reviewed research of the highest quality and has a unique reputation for editorial excellence and integrity. The journal’s readership includes academics, scholars, researchers, journalists, international organizations, policy makers, civil society, donors and PLWHA. The journal aims to:
- inform policy makers and influence policy and responses through evidence-based research
- provide a publication source for all aspects of HIV/AIDS in Africa
- disseminate free HIV/AIDS information in Africa
- minimize duplication and build a community of researchers on social aspects of HIV/AIDS
The Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS (SAHARA-J) disseminates vital open access research on social factors relating to HIV/AIDS. Areas covered include, but are not limited to:
- Care and support
- Behaviour change and behavioural surveillance
- Counselling, impact and mitigation
- Stigma and discrimination
- Prevention, treatment and adherence
- Culture and faith-based approaches
- Evidence-based intervention
- Health communication
- Structural and environmental intervention
- Financing, policy and media
The journal publishes original 旺财体育, reviews, research 旺财体育, opinions, correspondence, news and views, and commentary.
All research 旺财体育 in this journal, including those in special issues, special sections or supplements, have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymized refereeing by at least two independent referees.
All 旺财体育 will be made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.